Hey parents! Before we get to what we did last night at Vertical Lifegroup, we’d love to let you know what’s going to be happening in Vertical this year. We truly believe that this is going to be the best year of student ministries at CedarCreek in its twenty year history. We believe whole-heartedly that God is going to do amazing things, and we want to be a part of them. On September 14th, we are going to have our kick-off service at our South Toledo Campus. This series will be called “For Good,” and will carry all the way to November 14th when our students across Northwest Ohio go out and serve their community in one “big serve.” The reason we are calling this initiative “For Good” is that we want them to be for something, for good. If the goal of this series were just one service project, it would be somewhat short sighted. We think that God wants us to think bigger, and we want your student to think bigger. We want your student to realize what he/she is passionate about and be for that “thing” for good. We want them to know that God created them for a purpose, and that purpose is for good. Not only for good as in for a long period of time but for good as in for the greater good, meaning point to (and culminating in) the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
If you want to know what the vision is for the school year, please feel free to check out the post we are asking your students to read here.
Thanks for partnering with us, and please feel free to watch this video and read through the discussion questions your students had last night!
- Read (silently) 1 Kings 18:17-40
- What in the story stood out to you?
- In your opinion, what was the most impressive part about Elijah’s actions?
- Elijah was definitely expecting God to do big things…he seemed like he had no doubts. Have you ever felt this way before? If so, explain.
- This year at Vertical we want to make the biggest impact we’ve ever made as a part of our For Good Campaign. What are some ways that you can be more like Elijah in expecting God to do big things?